From: Michael Schreckenbauer <grimlog@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Issue 3 - CD Playing
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 19:00:39
1 Hi Colleen,
2
3 On Tuesday, 18. October 2011 19:16:17 Colleen Beamer wrote:
4 > Hi everyone,
5 >
6 > I have googled this problem and tried everything and can't seem to
7 > resolve the issue.
8 >
9 > My CD drive will read data CD's, but will not play audio CD's. I've
10 > tried with kscd and Kaffeine. Haven't installed amarok yet. I've
11 > checked and rechecked my settings in the kernel. In /dev cdrom is a
12 > symlink to sr0. Nothing I've read in anything that came up in my google
13 > search helped.
14 >
15 > Oops! Forgot to add this to my original message:
16 >
17 > When I try to play an audio CD in kaffeine, I get an alert box that says:
18 > Cannot find input plgin for MRL "cdda://"
19 >
20 > cdda is one of my USE flags. I have tried upgrading phonon-gstreamer
21 > 'cause I read somewhere that the problem might be with phonon.
22
23 gstreamer never worked for me. I use phonon-xine and audio-cds play fine with
24 kscd and kaffeine. I checked phonon-vlc also and it works too.
25
26 Best,
27 Michael