From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Dependencies and PYTHON_TARGETS
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2018 15:37:56
1 On 2018-04-23 08:31, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2
3 > > Why did portage remove my python-3.5?
4 >
5 > Because nothing that depends on it isn't also satisfied by python-3.6?
6
7 But doesn't the PYTHON_TARGETS with which a package is built create a
8 strict dependency on those pythons? If native code extensions are
9 present, the compiled code won't in general be compatible with other
10 versions.
13 Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
14 if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
15 To reply privately _only_ on Usenet and on broken lists
16 which rewrite From, fetch the TXT record for no-use.mooo.com.