From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox and script block tool/addon
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2020 22:54:21
1 Corpo wrote:
2 > Le 24/01/2020 à 22:52, Dale a écrit :
3 >> Howdy,
4 >>
5 >> I use Firefox and have a issue with scripts on some sites.  I have
6 >> noscript installed and for the most part, it works.  That said, there is
7 >> times when it doesn't do what I need.  It seems, from what I can find
8 >> anyway, that you can either allow scripts or not allow scripts but can't
9 >> pick and choose.  For example.  Let's say I'm on abc.com and I need some
10 >> scripts to run but want to block other scripts.  With noscript, I either
11 >> allow all from a site or none.  What I'd like to find is a script block
12 >> tool that will list all the scripts and allow me to block some but allow
13 >> others.  Believe it or not, I use to use adblock, a much older version,
14 >> to do this.  I'd tell adblock to list all the objects, sort them by type
15 >> and then go through the scripts until I find the magic settings that
16 >> allows the site to work but not run scripts I don't want.
17 >>
18 >> I've installed and tried quite a few script block tools but none of them
19 >> seem to do what I want to do.  I've even tried a few addons that only
20 >> had a very few users, just hoping it would do this.  Has anyone ever
21 >> seen a script block tool, or some other tool with a different name, that
22 >> works this way?  I need a addon that allows me to refine and be
23 >> selective on what scripts run and which ones are blocked.
24 >>
25 >> Thanks much to all.
26 >>
27 >> Dale
28 >>
29 >> :-)  :-)
30 >>
31 > umatrix maybe?
37 I installed it and I think it will do what I want.  I just need to
38 figure out the details of how to make it get there.  Based on the
39 description, it seems to be the best one yet.   Now to head over to
40 youtube and see some tips and tricks.  ;-)  I might add, one website
41 that was really bad seems to be a lot better.  Time will tell tho.
42
43 Thanks.
44
45 Dale