From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] ending the htaccess madness
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 17:52:36
1 I've been setting up a number of new webapps and have a dozen or so
2 .htaccess/.htpasswd doodads floating around. It's not too terrible to
3 manage, but I think there should be a better way.
4
5 I'm imagining some sort of php interface that allows users to change
6 their passwords and admins to managed the users. Maybe even allows
7 access per site in a little drop down menu. Then edit all my .htaccess
8 files to use mod_auth_mysql and call it a day.
9
10 Anyone heard of something like this? Or am I going to have to attempt
11 round three with mod_auth_kerb/mod_auth_ldap in an attempt to use
12 Windows as a backend. *shudder*
13
14 kashani
15 --