From: Tim <root@×××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] fd symlinks to pts?
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 08:42:45
1 Tim wrote:
2 > Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
3 >> Am Dienstag, 3. Juni 2008 schrieb ext Dirk Heinrichs:
4 >>
5 >>> That makes 4 out of 4 possible devices. So where's your IDE floppy
6 >>> connected to, then?
7 >> Is it an IDE floppy device at all, or a normal PC floppy device?
8 >>
9 >> Bye...
10 >>
11 >> Dirk
12 > I was unaware there was a difference. It's a 34-pin ribbon cable
13 > connector on the motherboard.
14 >
15 > -Tim
16 And that's the solution. I added CONFIG_BLK_DEV_FD=y to .config, got rid
17 of CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEFLOPPY, and rebuilt again. /dev/fd0 now appears as
18 a working floppy device.
19
20 Thanks Dirk and everyone else who helped!
21
22 -Tim
23 --
24 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list