From: Jonathan Wright <mail@×××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT worth upgrading hardware ?
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 03:56:57
1 Christoph Gysin wrote:
2 > Hemmann, Volker Armin wrote:
3 >
4 >> btw - some time ago I let glxgears run on several wm - and it was the
5 >> fastest on kwin and integrity (both qt based) and slower on gtk-based
6 >> wm...
9 > glxgears doesn't need/use/depend neither a WM nor GTK/QT, so I don't see
10 > how this test makes any sense.
11
12 But a WM and/or GTK/QT can have an effect on system load overall as well
13 as working with the graphics card, which in the end can slow the gears.
16 Jonathan Wright ~ mail at djnauk.co.uk
17 ~ www.djnauk.co.uk
18 --
19 2.6.12-gentoo-r6-djnauk-b2 AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2100+
20 up 3 days, 1:02, 13 users, load average: 0.63, 0.53, 0.52
21 --
22 "It's hard enough to be taken seriously in the struggle for gay
23 rights without having a bunch of straight girls running around
24 kissing each other to get the attention of the boys and
25 videocameras."
26
27 ~ M. Robin D'Antan, 2002
28 --