From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] what's wrong with rsync 3.0.6?
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 01:42:26
1 On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 01:00:21AM +0000, David W Noon wrote
2 > On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 00:20:02 +0100, Neil Bothwick wrote
3
4 > >As do the log files in $PORT_LOGDIR, they contain exactly the same
5 > >output you would see in the terminal.
6 >
7 > Not quite. The sequence in which the ebuilds were run is lost when the
8 > discrete logs are your only source of tracing through, although one
9 > could attempt to reconstruct it using the timestamps in the file names
10 > of the ebuild logs.
11
12 I use mc (Midnight Commander), bring up /var/log/portage/elog, and
13 with "Sort Order" in the left panel set to "Modify Time", I get a
14 chronological listing of all the warnings. What could be easier?
17 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>