From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: ncurses: reductio ad absurdum
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 16:56:08
1 Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 10:24 AM, James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
4 > >
5 > > It there an easy, automated way to have this inforation on my system(s)
6 > > without extra keystrokes?
7 >
8 > Either wait for somebody to provide the old-style changelogs (some
9 > consider this critical, some consider this pointless - I'll admit I
10 > tend to fall in the latter), or just sync from git and run git
11 > log/whatchanged <path> or even tig <path>. That really gets you the
12 > same info and more, and lets you filter by path, file, and so on.
13 > Also, if a commit touched many packages at once it will show up in the
14 > log for each of the packages, but looking at it will also show you all
15 > the other related changes. It really is a much more data-rich view.
16 >
17 > While I do believe the ChangeLogs will show up again for those who
18 > prefer them, I think that taking a bit of time to learn to use git is
19 > going to make your life better in the long haul. I think that in time
20 > people will stop using ChageLogs.
23 So, do I need to change the rsync-type for gentoo o git, or how else do
24 I do this -- get the changelogs on my actual box? Now, I don't see a
25 .git under /usr/portage which makes sense, but is syncing done now by
26 git?
27 \
28 --
29 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
30 How do
31 you spend it?
32
33 John Covici