From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Eez a byootiful dai todai
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 20:41:25
1 On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 14:58:20 -0500, »Q« wrote:
2
3 > > So, preinstalled Linux is not important to you? Mind explaining why?
4 >
5 > I'm not the one you asked, but preinstalled Linux isn't important to
6 > me. There are plenty of GNU/Linux users who aren't evangelists.
7
8 There are two reasons why it would be good for you, even if you intend to
9 replace the installed Linux with something better:
10
11 1) You know that all the hardware works with Linux. If they supply driver
12 for Ubuntu, you can get them for Gentoo (unless Dell do something
13 horrid like using ndiswrapper)
14
15 2) You don't have to pay for a Windows licence.
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 Iraqi terrorist, Khay Rahnajet, didn't pay enough postage on a
22 letter bomb. It came back with "return to sender" stamped on it.
23 Forgetting it was the bomb, he opened it and was blown to bits.