From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Strange iwl3945 behavior (possibly wpa_supplicant related?)
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2009 07:12:02
1 On Saturday 07 November 2009 18:11:05 Mike Edenfield wrote:
2 > controlling the NIC. So, yeah, it seems like the difference is with
3 > NetworkManager and/or wpa_supplicant, but I have no idea what that
4 > difference is.
5 >
6 > (Also, to head off the upcoming "just don't use NetworkManager": this
7 > laptop is eventually going to someone who'll be roaming a lot more than
8 > I do, for whom constantly editing wpa_supplicant.conf isn't really an
9 > option. Wicd doesn't support VPN connections, so NetworkManager seems
10 > to be my only option :\)
13 That's a pity. Using wicd instead of nm was going to be my next suggestion :-)
16 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com