From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Why is the latest release 2006.1?
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 20:57:19
1 Jesús Guerrero wrote:
2 > El Sun, 15 Apr 2007 01:37:54 -0500
3 > Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net> escribió:
6 >> Norberto Bensa wrote:
7 >>
8 >>> Daniel da Veiga wrote:
9 >>> I can use Knoppix or Ubuntu, but that's not the point.
10 >>>
11 >> Maybe some are not understanding the point he is making. If I
12 >> understand correctly, he needs a newer release so that when he boots
13 >> the CD to do a install, it will see his hardware. It would appear
14 >> that the 2006 series is not seeing some hardware, whatever that is,
15 >> and he needs a newer version to get it to see his hardware to do the
16 >> install. I don't think he is talking about after the install but
17 >> trying to start the install while booted from the CD.
20 > Now I understand it and I think it is a fair point, still, I wouldn't
21 > worry at all about that because, even being besides the point, I can
22 > use an alternative cd to boot.
23 >
24 > I am sure that if the 2007.0 releases hasn't happened yet, it is just
25 > because there are more important things to work on.
26 >
27 > --Jesús Guerrero
30 But as someone else just posted, he has two computers, one being a Dell,
31 that will not boot the 2006 CD so it is a really good point. Booting
32 Knopix or something to install Gentoo may not be difficult if you only
33 have one CD drive. So, having a up to date install CD is really a good
34 idea. How are people going to install if they can't get stuff to work
35 so they can?
36
37 I know they are busy, and of late is not being involved in a flame fest
38 either, but it is something that has to be done nevertheless.
39
40 I see the point pretty clear, from both sides. I'm sure they don't want
41 to rush a release and have serious problems with it but at the same
42 time, people are coming up with new hardware and people need them to
43 work so they can install Gentoo.
44
45 Dale
46
50 www.myspace.com/-remove-me-dalek1967
51
52 Copy n paste then remove the -remove-me- part.