From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] gconfd-2 woes
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 18:59:08
1 greets,
2
3 today I wanted to be clever and ran "emerge -e gnome" to rebuild all my
4 gnome-3 desktop.
5
6 Unfortunately things didn't get better from this.
7
8 I can hardly logon, gconfd-2 produces high load and
9 /var/lib/gdm/.gconfd/saved_state grows quickly to around 4 GB until it
10 fills the disk :-(
11
12 I removed that file while gdm was not running, no matter, it got created
13 again ...
14
15 So right now I have no desktop on my desktop, writing this from the
16 thinkpad.
17
18 Could someone point me at how to start debugging this?
19
20 I already rebuilt gdm, gconf, gnome-session ... revdep-rebuild shows
21 nothing, dispatch-conf either
22
23 Thanks, Stefan