From: John covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] udev net persistent rules
Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 10:57:34
1 on Wednesday 05/02/2007 Graham Murray(graham@×××××××××××.uk) wrote
2 > When updating udev from a version without persistent rules to one which
3 > has them, how do I force the system to create 60-persistent-net.rules
4 > with the current ethn assignments *before* rebooting the system? I am
5 > updating remote systems using ssh, and had a problem whereby one system
6 > had reversed eth0 and eth1 after the upgrade. I want to make sure that
7 > upgrades to other systems do not have this problem by ensuring that the
8 > persistent net rules are created before rebooting after the upgrade
9 > (which also upgrades the kernel, hence the need for the reboot)
10
11 I am pretty sure you can do /lib/udev/write_net_rules and that will
12 create the file which you then can fix the mac addresses in the file.
15 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
16 How do
17 you spend it?
18
19 John Covici