From: allan gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] new wireless router
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2017 02:15:12
1 Our old Linksys wireless router is starting to hang more frequently. It
2 always comes back by cycling the power, but it is probably time to
3 upgrade.
4
5 I am looking at the Linksys EA6900 AC1900 Samar Wi-Fi dual-band router.
6 It is wireless-AC so will be big speed improvement over our wireless G.
7
8 We have mundane usage (laptops and cell phones) and a simple connection
9 to the internet via a optimum/cablevision modem.
10
11 Am I correct in believing that I should be able to simply plug it in and
12 it will "just work". I run gentoo exclusively on my laptops and my wife
13 runs some modern Windows on hers. Cell phones are android and ios.
14
15 Advanced security is not needed.
16
17 thanks in advance,