From: Daniel Pielmeier <daniel.pielmeier@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can RAM render useless the encryption of the / and swap partitions?
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2007 09:20:22
1 Liviu Andronic schrieb:
2 > On 10/5/07, Daniel Pielmeier <daniel.pielmeier@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 >> There is an option in baselayout's rc file to erase the swap at
4 >> shutdown. Take a look at /etc/conf.d/rc under RC_SWAP_ERASE.
5 >
6 > As far as I understand, this is far from secure. You want at least
7 > some degree of security, you need cryptography. See:
8 > http://gentoo-wiki.com/SWAP_ERASE_on_halt .
9
10 I don't use it myself, just thought it may be helpful.
11
12 I have checked newer baselayout versions for this option before and i
13 wondered why it wasn't there, so now i know the reason. Thanks!
14 --
15 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list