From: james <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: texlive 2011
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 20:58:41
1 Alan E. Davis <lngndvs <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 I think texlive
5 (is a pain in the ass....)
6
7 Numerous times over the years, I have had fits with texlive*
8
9 Heres's my scratch notes the last time I figured
10 out the issue was fonts....
11 (another time it was EVILution.....(evolution).
12
13 1) equery b -f '/etc/texmf/.*'
14 2) Uninstalling all of the above reported ebuilds.
15 3) rm -rf /etc/texmf/*
16 rm -rf /usr/share/texmf*
17 emerge -C `qlist -I -C dev-texlive/*`
18 4) emerge -1 texlive
19
20 YMMV.
21
22 Basically, remove everything with textlive in the name
23 as well as dependent packages (if all else fails)
24
25 and check that it wants to install the version of textlive-*
26 you need/want. Finding the actual culprit often burns many
27 hours of hunt and seek.......
28
29 Ocationally I have to rebuild the system....
30 caveat emptor......
33 Good hunting,
34 HTH,
35