From: "Poison BL." <poisonbl@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Ethernet-over-USB confusion
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2018 21:27:19
1 On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 1:47 PM, <tuxic@××××××.de> wrote:
2
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > short question:
6 >
7 > I want to access my Raspberry Pi Zero W via Ethernet-over-USB
8 > via ssh.
9 > On the Raspberry I have to include a module called g_ether.
10 > After rebooting I can see a new interface whith an IP assigned
11 > via ifconfig.
12 > On my PC I see a new inteface and dmesg tells me, that
13 > usb0 was renamed to a hillarious cryoted other name
14 > and this <name> also shows up when using ifconfig.
15 > But it has a complete different IP assigned,
16 >
17 > But I cannot ssh into the SoC even if the IP
18 > address is corrected manually.
19 >
20 > What modules do I need loaded exactlu on the PC
21 > and on the SoC?
24 > Thanks for any help in advance!
25 > Cheers
26 > Meino
29 I haven't poked a pi zero yet with the usb ethernet gadget stuff, but I
30 know the beaglebone side sets up its own dhcp server for the process, as
31 per this in their getting started docs:
32
33 "If connected via USB, a network adapter should show up on your computer.
34 Your Beagle should be running a DHCP server that will provide your computer
35 with an IP address of either 192.168.7.1 or 192.168.6.1, depending on the
36 type of USB network adapter supported by your computer's operating system.
37 Your Beagle will reserve 192.168.7.2 or 192.168.6.2 for itself."
38
39 What IP/subnet are you seeing on the pi and your desktop/laptop it's
40 connected to for the USB interfaces?
43 Poison [BLX]
44 Joshua M. Murphy