From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how to use my SSD the right way ;-)
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2014 15:39:37
1 Am 03.01.2014 15:07, schrieb Alan McKinnon:
2
3 >> hmm, is BFQ good for VM's too? I am currently using noops (storage is
4 >> ceph) and was going to experiment but have not had the time yet.
7 > I have no idea, but I'd like to find out.
8 >
9 > Instinct tells me one of the host or guest should be NOOP so that the
10 > other one can get on with scheduling without conflict. But I also reckon
11 > the question is waaaay more complex than that.
12 >
13 > I'd like to see the results of any benchmarks you do with BFQ on VMs
14
15 A bit OT (as it is not exactly benchmarking) but interesting:
16
17 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-e7LnJblm8
18
19 I also wonder what it does for KVM-hosts etc ... will try!