From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Rooted/compromised Gentoo, seeking advice
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 13:03:43
1 On 11 Aug 2010, at 19:16, Dale wrote:
2 > Stroller wrote:
3 >>
4 >> On 10 Aug 2010, at 20:22, Hazen Valliant-Saunders wrote:
5 >>> ...
6 >>> Good Luck getting people to change them frequently and haveing
7 >>> your techs and it departments meeting complexity and length policy.
8 >>
9 >> I'm pretty sure that's a trivial setting for expiration policy and
10 >> a PAM plugin or option to enforce complexity.
11 >
12 > Thing about changing passwords to often, the person forgets what the
13 > password is.
14
15 Then don't change it with frequency.
16
17 It was Mr Valliant-Saunders who seemed to be saying that that is
18 difficult to enforce, and I was merely replying to him.
19
20 Stroller.