From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] discarding sources of old kernels
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 00:55:24
1 At Wed, 16 Jul 2008 19:08:15 -0400 Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu> wrote:
2
3 > I keep a few old kernel binaries around that I know have worked.
4 > They are not ancient; the oldest is 2.6.19*
5 >
6 > Am I correct in believing that I can run these backup kernels even if
7 > I discard the corresponding sources. I am fairly sure that I need
8 > keep only the contents of /lib/modules/<version> and can discard
9 > /usr/src/linux-version, but would appreciate confirmation.
10
11 Thank you all for the confirmation and the suggestion to first delete
12 the src directory itself (to speed up the unmerge).
13
14 allan
15 --
16 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list