From: james <garftd@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] python 2 deprecation
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2020 17:21:09
1 So today I receive this message:
2
3 !!! The following installed packages are masked:
4 - dev-python/rtgraph-0.70-r1::gentoo (masked by: package.mask)
5 /usr/portage/profiles/package.mask:
6 # Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> (2020-01-18)
7 # The following Gentoo packages are Python 2-only and have no reverse
8 # dependencies.
9 # Removal in 30 days. Bug #705762.
12 So, trying not to get too excited, is that the only one?
13
14 So I ran
15 # equery depends python:2.7
16 * These packages depend on python:2.7:
17
18 is there a deeper, more through way to check?
19
20 I have removed all syntax/expressions from
21 /etc/portage/make.conf
22
23 related to python; hoping python-2 would just die a natural, slow and
24 painless (for me) death, on this ancient gentoo install.
25
26 Any and all comments related to what to check/do are most welcome,
27 related to removing python-2*
30 James