From: Francesco Talamona <francesco.talamona@××××.eu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: {OT} xfce4 network management?
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2009 10:05:44
1 On Sunday 08 February 2009, Grant wrote:
2 > Why choose wicd over NetworkManager?
3
4 Hi guys I'm back with a differend mail address, hope someone missed
5 me :-)
6
7 I tested both, but NM keeps shutting down wired NIC randomly, sometimes
8 is eth0, other times is eth1.
9
10 eth0 and ath0 are connected to the same access point, so it is sane to
11 inhibite eth0, but I have hundred services relying on eth1 (fixed IP,
12 internal network), half my system go upside down when eth1 lose its
13 address. I don't want NM to touch this interface, even it is unplugged.
14
15 Is it there a way to fix this?
16
17 With wicd is trivial to pair eth0 and ath0, but it runs wireless for a
18 few minutes, then it switches back to wired.
19
20 So I'm going to try wpa_gui...
21
22 Cheers
23 Francesco
26 Linux Version 2.6.28-gentoo, Compiled #2 SMP PREEMPT Fri Dec 26 08:55:48
28 Two 1GHz AMD Athlon 64 Processors, 4GB RAM, 4018.04 Bogomips Total
29 aemaeth