From: Ian Porter <ian@×××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge R
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 10:26:59
1 Hi,
2 > Ian Porter wrote:
3 >> Hi All,
4 >>
5 >> I am just wondering if there is an option within emerge that will tell
6 >> me which packages need to be re-compiled
7 >> [ R ]
8 >
9 > try:
10 > module-rebuild list
11 > (and change list to rebuild if you want to rebuild them)
12 >
13 > This will give you the packages that needs to be rebuilt when the
14 > kernel change. But it _wont_ give you what packages needs to be
15 > rebuilt now.
16
17 Ok, thanks never run that before, but I have upgraded the kernel a couple of
18 weeks ago to 2.6.13r3 (I think, the latest one in the stable version), I
19 shall run that once I am back on the PC at the weekend (but without the
20 internet until next week :( )
23 > try:
24 > revdep-rebuild
25 > to see what packages needs to be rebuilt due to broken deps.
28 I only get Open Office, of which thanks to someone else on this list, has
29 said how to tell revdep-rebuild not to include this program.
30
31 Thanks
32 Ian
33 > --