From: "W.Kenworthy" <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] VNC over SSH (VNC session is non-local to SSH)
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 01:09:16
1 Check out zebedee - unlike ssh, its designed specifically for this type
2 of thing (esp VNC) and as a consequence is more flexible. Also works
3 with doze etc.
4
5 Billk
6
7 On Tue, 2006-10-10 at 12:46 -0400, Mark Shields wrote:
8 > I have a gentoo box setup as a router with 3 servers behind it (all 4
9 > servers are running gentoo). Right now I simply have port 5901 to
10 > forward from the router to my vnc server so I can access it remotely.
11 > I've looked on the gentoo forums and online but haven't been able to
12 > find any solid information on how to tunnel 5901 through ssh through
13 > the router to the vnc server. Basically, client -> router -> vnc
14 > server port 5901, but over ssh. Any ideas?
15 >
16 > --
17 > - Mark Shields
18 --