From: Kurt Guenther <kurtg@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [Solved] Gnome won't start
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 16:42:23
1 Ernie Schroder wrote:
2
3 >Check /var/log/gdm/:0.log. It should give you some useful info.
4 >
5 >On Friday 23 December 2005 10:02, a tiny voice compelled Kurt Guenther to
6 >write:
9 >>I can run Xinit and XDM to get into a window manager, but when I run GDM
10 >>I get a login screen, I login, and then it hangs. Nothing in
11 >>/var/log/messages. I'm not sure how to debug.
12 >>
13 >>--Kurt
20 Thanks, I'll remember that one.
21
22 It turned out to be the VMware workstation update. I just needed to run
23 vmware-config.pl, and things started humming again.
24
25 --Kurt
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list