From: askar k <askar.gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Proxy server related issue
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 06:41:03
1 Hello!
2
3 I'm planning to setup proxy server.
4 The situation as follows:
5 1) I have mail server, which works also as firewall and router. This
6 mail server has 2 NIC, one connected to ADSL modem, 2nd to HUB, allow
7 other computers in the LAN to go to internet
8 2) As the situation is that I can't setup proxy server in the mail
9 server, I have to setup proxy server separately.
10 3) You can see the picture following the link, I want other computers
11 in the LAN to go to internet trough the proxy server, and only proxy
12 server has to go to internet through the mail server, i.e. for all
13 computer in the lan gateway is proxy server with ip 192.168.0.2, and
14 for proxy server gateway is mail server with internal ip 192.168.0.1.
15
16 http://tenzan.web.kg/proxy_server.jpg
17
18 The question is:
19 1) Is is implementable what I proposed above?
20 2) Or I have to put mail server behind the proxy server, in that case
21 I will need to insert one lan card more for adsl modem?
22
23 Thanks,
24 askar
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list