From: Peter Weilbacher <newsspam@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Problems booting vanilla kernel 4.1.x
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2015 13:08:23
1 Dear all,
2
3 after successfully using kernel 4.0.5 (vanilla-sources) for a while, I
4 upgraded to 4.1.5 last week and 4.1.6 today. I cannot boot either of
5 them. On the screen I see
6
7 Decompressing Linux... Parsing ELF... done.
8 Booting the kernel.
9
10 as the last thing, then it just sits there.
11
12 To upgrade I copy the previously used .config to the new kernel
13 directory and run genkernel with --no-clean and --menuconfig so that I
14 get the same config as before -- unless I change something, which in
15 this case I didn't. (This has worked very nicely since 3.1.x or so).
16
17 Does that ring a bell with someone?
18 Peter.