From: Steve Dibb <beandog@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] browser advice
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 22:23:16
1 Jorge Almeida wrote:
2 > On Wed, 29 Nov 2006, Hans de Hartog wrote:
5 >> Just to stay close to what you're used to: how about good old mozilla?
6 >
7 > That's something that isn't clear to me: Is Mozilla still actively
8 > maintained? If so, what's the rationale for Firefox? I changed to
9 > Firefox because I assumed Mozilla was going to disappear... And why all
10 > the fuss about Firefox?
11
12 From what I understand, development of the Mozilla suite has stopped.
13 Seamonkey is the old Mozilla-style suite of packages, but the backend is
14 the newer Firefox / Thunderbird code.
15
16 Steve
17 --
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list