From: Chuanwen Wu <wcw8410@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] the font in xfce change after updating
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 02:28:04
1 2007/4/29, Benno Schulenberg <benno.schulenberg@×××××.com>:
2 > Chuanwen Wu wrote:
3 > > After "emerge -uDN world",
4 >
5 > Not very informative. More useful information you could have
6 > provided with the output of 'genlop --list --date 2 days ago'.
7 genlop is from which package?I don't have it in my gentoo.
8 >
9 > > I guess maybe because when I "etc-update",I change some files.But
10 > > I don't know which files.
11 >
12 > You don't make regular backups of /etc? Then you might want to
13 > start using dispatch-conf instead of etc-update.
14 I will try it next time.
15 >
16 > > Anyone know how to fix it?
17 >
18 > Possibly. Measure the horizontal and vertical size of your screen
19 > or monitor in millimeters, then set in your xorg.conf, in Section
20 > "Monitor", the display size, for example: DisplaySize 320 240
21 > Then restart X. If that doesn't normalize things, ask again.
22 I have tried.But still the font is out of control.Just as the
23 .fonts.conf don't work!
24 >
25 > Benno
26 > --