From: Francesco Talamona <ti.liame@×××××.it>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Lilo & ReiserFS on 64 bits
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 17:16:41
1 On Tuesday 02 October 2007, Philip Webb wrote:
2 > I've just done a diff on the 'x86' & 'amd64' versions of the
3 > Handbook. The latter warns against using ReiserFS or Lilo on a 64-bit
4 > system, both of which are my longstanding preferences.
5 > I plan to install the 64-bit version of Gentoo on my new box.
6 > Does anyone have experience or advice to offer in this area ?
7 >
8 > (Thanks to those who commented re quad-cores: I plan to get a Core 2
9 > Duo)
12 I never liked grub, so I kept LILO when I switched to 64 bit. It works
13 like a charm.
14
15 I also used ReiserFS with mild satisfaction.
16
17 IIRC you have to use special mount option to use ReiserFS for /boot
18 partition.
19
20 Ciao
21 Francesco
24 Linux Version 2.6.22-gentoo-r8, Compiled #1 PREEMPT Fri Sep 28 19:41:21
26 One 1GHz AMD Athlon 64 Processor, 2GB RAM, 2003.99 Bogomips Total
27 aemaeth
28 --
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list