From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kgpg error with gpg-agent
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 16:34:28
1 On Monday 17 April 2006 12:26, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote
2 about '[gentoo-user] kgpg error with gpg-agent':
3 > I seem to have something wrong with the gpg-agent setup on by box.
4 > First of all gpg-agent does not start automatically despite the fact
5 > that I have added eval "$(gpg-agent --daemon)" in my ~/.xsession file.
6 >
7 > Never mind, I start it by hand from a terminal. Still, when I launch
8 > kgpg I get this error:
9
10 Sounds like you use kde. Try modifying your setup to match:
11 $ cat .kde/env/keychain.rc
12 #This file should be sourced in an existing shell
13 #Must support $() and eval
14 eval $(keychain --eval --clear --quiet --inherit any-once --stop others)
17 "If there's one thing we've established over the years,
18 it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest
19 clue what's best for them in terms of package stability."
20 -- Gentoo Developer Ciaran McCreesh