From: gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Some symbols render incomplete in text mode
Date: Fri, 20 May 2022 09:14:20
1 вт, 10 мая 2022 г. в 18:42, gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com>:
2 >
3 > сб, 7 мая 2022 г. в 12:47, Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>:
4 > >
5 > > Am Thu, May 05, 2022 at 08:46:39PM +0300 schrieb gevisz:
6 > >
7 > > > It seems to me that the problem is somehow related
8 > > > to redrawing a frame. However, I am still not sure if
9 > > > it is a problem of software or hardware.
10 > > >
11 > > > I have not tried another google-chrome profile so far.
12 > >
13 > > I would create a new (temporary test) user and log on with that. If the
14 > > problem still persists, it’s either a system config, a library (cairo,
15 > > freetype et al, graphics driver) or maybe even a hardware issue.
16 >
17 > Yes. It is exactly how I intended to do this, and sorry for not having
18 > done it yet.
19 >
20 > However, I have found that the problem of the incomplete rendering
21 > symbols in text mode appears only after I play youtube videos in
22 > google-chrome and persist after exiting it.
23 >
24 > Playing youtube videos in firefox-bin does not cause this problem to
25 > appear, nor does running google-chrome without playing youtube videos
26 > in it.
27
28 Here I was wrong: running google-chrome even without playing youtube
29 videos may cause the same problems with incomplete rendering of
30 symbols/letters in text mode.
31
32 > Moreover, in Firefox-bin, I even do not have the problem with
33 > incomplete rendering symbols in the youtube video player toolbar.
34 >
35 > So, I already can blame this problem completely on google-chrome.
36 > Moreover, I already know how to avoid it. :)
37 >
38 > P.S. My current version of google-chrome is 101.0.4951.54. However,
39 > the problem already appeared in its earlier versions and has survived
40 > several updates of the google-chrome.