From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Two taskbar panels after upgrade to KDE 4
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 08:18:31
1 On Tuesday 20 October 2009 19:03:13 Thorsten Kampe wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I just upgraded from KDE 3.5.10 to KDE 4. The upgrade went fine and KDE
5 > 4 KDM shows still my old KDE 3.5, XFCE and GNOME sessions as well as the
6 > new KDE 4 session.
7 >
8 > The only problem is that when I login to the old KDE 3.5 desktop (which
9 > I want to keep until I configured KDE 4 fully) shows *two* taskbar
10 > panels: at the bottom of the screen the KDE 4 taskbar panel and directly
11 > above the old KDE 3.5 taskbar panel.
12 >
13 > How can I stop the old KDE 3.5 session from loading any KDE 4 component
14 > and in particular: how can I stop the KDE 3.5 desktop loadling the KDE 4
15 > taskbar panel?!
18 Please provide more information, you are asking how long is a piece of string?
19
20 Copies of the start-up scripts launched by your display manager when starting
21 kde-4 would be a good start
24 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com