From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Lenovo y510p video drivers
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 16:36:54
1 On Fri, 21 Feb 2014 10:32:41 +0100
2 András Csányi <sayusi.ando@××××××.hu> wrote:
3
4 > I bought a Lenovo y510p stuff which has two video cards, an Intel 4th
5 > generation stuff and a NVIDIA GF GT750M SLI. When I start the
6 >
7 > X -configure
8 >
9 > the log says that it has not found usable driver, however in my
10 > make.conf
11 >
12 > VIDEO_CARDS="nvidia nv intel nouveau vga"
13 >
14 > The system is base system without ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~amd64" flag. The
15 > kernel contains the intel drivers as modules and they are loaded, but
16 > the result is the same.
17 >
18 > I would like to ask what to do in that case?
19
20 I can't help much, but I guess something is better than nothing.
21
22 I have a y510p with a single 750M, but I haven't looked into making the
23 NVidia card work, let alone being able to switch between it and intel.
24
25 The intel works for me with
26
27 VIDEO_CARDS="intel i965 v4l vesa"
28
29 I don't know if i965 is necessary, but I see this in xorg's log:
30
31 (II) intel(0): [DRI2] DRI driver: i965
32 (II) AIGLX: Loaded and initialized i965
33
34 Making the NVidia card work is still on the back burner for me;
35 eventually I'll get to it and post here about it. In the meantime,
36 please do post anything you're able to find out.