From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] How to disable fuzzy-search in emerge?
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2020 16:08:59
1 I really, really hate how emerge now returns bucketfulls of useless,
2 unrelated results when you do a search. WTF is the point of returning
3 a bunch of packages that don't contain the search string when there is
4 is a package name that match the search string exactly?
5
6 Yes, I'm aware I can add "--fuzzy-search n" to make it act sane, but
7 is there an environment variable or USE flag or _something_ to make
8 emerge --search do the right thing by default? I have never, even
9 once, found the current defult behavior to be useful.
12 Grant