From: Hal Martin <hal.martin@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] pam upgrade issue
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 05:23:25
1 maxim wexler wrote:
2 > Hi group,
3 >
4 > Now emerge -uD world barfs at pam-0.99 and directs me
7 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/pam/upgrade-0.99.xml
8 >
9 Yeah, that guide is useless. I'm assuming that you're trying to update
10 PAM from 0.99.8.1-r1 to 0.99.9.0?
11 > Here, among other things, it says to edit certain
12 > files, but it doesn't say which ones? Unless it means
13 > all of the ones under /etc/pam.d/ I checked several of
14 > them and none mentions pam_stack.so
15 >
16 > It mentions two new packages pam_userdb and
17 > pam_chroot.
18 >
19 'cd /etc/pam.d/'
20 'grep pam_chroot *'
21 'grep 'pam_userdb *'
22
23 If that doesn't come up with anything, then do this (probably not right,
24 but it worked for me):
25
26 'mv /etc/pam.d /etc/pam.d.0.99.8.1-r1'
27 'mkdir /etc/pam.d'
28 'emerge -av pam shadow'
29 'revdep-rebuild'
30
31 And then after that you have to re-emerge all the applications at have
32 auth files in /etc/pam.d. Probably gonna be (at least) cron, cups, cvs,
33 login, passwd, shadow (already done...), sshd, sudo, and possibly more.
34
35 Speaking of which, if you can't get to root, you're going to have to do
36 this from a liveCD. Also, I would suggest popping in the Gentoo channel
37 on Freenode, there are some very helpful people there.
38 > Doesn't say to emerge them but I tried nonetheless.
39 > Attempts to emerge them fail with the same notice for
40 > both of them:
43 > * Your current setup is using the pam_stack module.
44 > * This module is deprecated and no longer supported,
45 > and since version
46 > * 0.99 is no longer installed, nor provided by any
47 > other package.
48 > * The package will be built (to allow binary package
49 > builds), but will
50 > * not be installed.
51 > * Please replace pam_stack usage with proper include
52 > directive usage,
53 > * following the PAM Upgrade guide at the following
54 > URL
55 > *
56 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/pam/upgrade-0.99.xml
57 > *
58 >
59 > I took a chance and unmerged the deprecated pam and
60 > now I can't su and probably other stuff I don't know
61 > about yet.
62 >
63 Yeah, time for a LiveCD.
64
65 Probably not the "right" way of doing it, but then again, there is no
66 firmly documented "right" way since I forgot to take notes! >.<
67 -Hal
71 > Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page.
72 > http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
76 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list