From: Daniel Vrcic <daniel.vrcic@××××××××.hr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] "emerge -uDN world" minus one package
Date: Tue, 01 May 2007 14:24:27
1 * Jesse Adelman <jesse@×××××××××××××.com> [07-05-01 14:08]:
2 [...]
3 > Any suggestions? When faced with a similar problem in the distant past,
4 > I've grabbed the old ebuild from CVS for mythtv (and plugins) and put it
5 > in an overlay, but that seems so inelegant...
6
7 You've grabbed the .ebuild for the version that is currently installed
8 but whose .ebuild disappeared from the portage tree? If so, you already
9 have it in the /var/db/pkg/ so you don't need to contact CVS. I wouldn't
10 say that's inelegant because you actually have the track of packet's
11 version installed on the system.
12
13 Anyway, I would temporarily remove media-tv/mythtv from the
14 /var/lib/portage/world and revert it back after portage's update world.
15
16 [...]
19 Daniel Vrcic
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list