From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] new machine : suddenly Python 3 appears
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 01:58:39
1 Michael Mol wrote:
2 > On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 9:18 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> Michael Mol wrote:
4 >>> On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 8:24 PM, Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net> wrote:
5 >>>> We've been warned not to use Python 3
6 >>> Maybe I missed something...but by whom?
7 >> I think he means that we are not supposed to set the system default to
8 >> python3. I'm just reading tea leaves, between the lines etc but that
9 >> was the way I took it.
10 > And portage's deps don't handle it? Weird.
14 Well, it appears he just doesn't want python3 on his system. Cool by me
15 since he may have some good reason for it. So, if he wants it gone as
16 his post suggests, I just told him how to do it that hopefully won't
17 break things.
18
19 Dale
20
24 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!