From: Zeev Pekar <zeev.pekar@××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o, "Jc García" <jyo.garcia@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Packaging ASL
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 18:20:37
1 On Tue, 2015-07-21 at 07:18 -0600, Jc García wrote:
2 > 2015-07-21 5:41 GMT-06:00 Zeev Pekar <zeev.pekar@××××××××××××××××.com>:
3 > > Dear Gentoo Developers,
4 > >
5 > > We have just released the version 0.1.4 of ASL - Advanced Simulation
6 > > Library <http://asl.org.il>.
7 > >
8 > > May I ask somebody to volunteer to package it for Gentoo?
9 > >
10 > > Packaging efforts for other distros are underway and probably can be
11 > > helpful for Gentoo [1].
12 >
13 > Really interesting library, but I doubt you will get what you expect
14 > in this list, neither in the -dev list because as it is a library and
15 > AFAIK there's no applications requiring it, I doubt they'll want to
16 > add it to the main repository, but sure there's a place in gentoo for
17 > the library, the gentoo-science project[1], you can try create a
18 > github issue[2] requesting the add of the library there. You could
19 > also find more folks interested in it, this list I would say is mostly
20 > sysadmin/troubled-user stuff. If I find time I might try to make the
21 > ebuild and send pull request to the science repo, but I haven't
22 > learned much about CMake, so I would have to learn a bit more about it
23 > first.
24 >
25 > Regards, and thank you for the spread of such Important type software
26 > in a FOSS way.
27 >
28 > [1] https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Science
29 > [2] https://github.com/gentoo-science/sci (If you check the commits
30 > log you'll see that it is a very alive repo)
31
32 I don't think CMake should be an issue, check our Quick Start guide:
33
34 http://asl.org.il/documentation/
35
36 I also opened an issue, which might serve as central point to coordinate
37 packaging efforts:
38
39 https://github.com/gentoo-science/sci/issues/452
40