From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT] Very recent change in behavior of gmail imap/smtp servers
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 01:35:02
1 Very soon after being invited to open a gmail account, I discovered
2 that google offers non-web-browser access to their free (as in beer)
3 email servers.
4
5 This puzzled me (still does) because it seems to violate google's basic
6 business model, which is based on advertising revenue. (I never see an
7 advertisement when sending/reading email via smtp/imap, obviously.)
8
9 Google has just introduced a 120-second delay before allowing login to
10 their email servers. Just in the last day or two, literally.
11
12 I can understand the delay for sending email (spammers) but why the
13 same delay for reading email?
14
15 (My conspiracy theory has been suppressed to allow room for your own
16 conspiracy theory ;)