From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Digest verification failed: qt-x11-opensource-src-4.1.4.tar.gz
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 10:34:48
1 On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 12:08:42 +0200, Régis Décamps wrote:
2
3 > So I'd say there is a problem in the ebuild. Maybe you should copy the
4 > ebuild in an overlay directory and regenerate it with
5 > ebuild qt-x11-opensource-src-4.1.4.ebuild digest
6
7 You don;t need to copy an ebuild to an overlay to re-digest it, you can
8 do it with the version i the portage tree. You can even do it when
9 emerging, with emerge --digest, but be aware this will redigest all
10 packages emerged, including dependencies.
11
12 However you do it, think very carefully first. Package digests are a
13 security measure, to ensure none of the files you are installing have
14 been tampered with. By regdigesting a package, you're discarding this
15 check. Before considering this, remove the file(s) from $DISTDIR, sync
16 again and try to emerge the package normally.
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 WinErr 01F: Reserved for future mistakes of our developers.