From: Michael Higgins <linux@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] gentoo install on Dell restore partition... live?
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 05:33:03
1 So, I finally got the OK to nuke another Dell winbox. My dream is to:
2
3 * Partition the restore partition (3.6 GB) for any small linux
4 installation
5
6 * make that partition active, bootable, with grub installed
7
8 * reboot and ssh into that linux machine to finish by toasting NTFS
9 partition and making it my gentoo system '/' as per usual...
10
11 Can this be done without physical access to the machine which is
12 currently running windows XP? I am administrator and get 'there' via
13 RDP.
14
15 Any suggestions appreciated in advance.
16
17 Cheers,
22 | |ichael | |iggins \^ /
23 michael.higgins[at]evolone[dot]org