From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Strange ReiserFS errors in logs...
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 20:03:21
1 I was doing some updates and getting ready for my gcc switch, and in the
2 process saw these two errors pop-up in the logs:
3
4 Apr 10 15:31:10 myhost kernel: ReiserFS: dm-1: warning: vs-8115:
5 get_num_ver: not directory or indirect item
6 Apr 10 15:31:10 myhost kernel: ReiserFS: dm-1: warning: vs-8115:
7 get_num_ver: not directory or indirect item
8
9 This is on a 2.6.23 kernel (and one of the things I'm doing this weekend
10 is upgrading that).
11
12 I've never seen them before, and its been over a half hour and there
13 haven't been any since. I grepped past logs, and didn't find any there
14 either.
15
16 I did find a number of threads about this being a harmless error, but
17 those were all back in 2004/2005...
18
19 Anyone seen this recently, and knowns what it means, and whether or not
20 I should be concerned?
21
22 Thanks,
26 Charles