From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Dolphin only allowing a single instance after update
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2019 02:56:14
1 Howdy,
2
3 I upgraded my system last night.  I logged out and back in earlier and
4 have noticed something new.  It seems to only allow one instance of
5 Dolphin to run at a time.  I usually have three or four running for
6 doing different things in different locations.  It just makes it easier
7 for me to multi-task at times.  What I've noticed with the new version
8 is that if I have a instance open on say desktop 7 and then want to open
9 a new instance on desktop 4, it moves the already running dolphin from
10 desktop 7 to 4.  It doesn't open a new instance.  I then lose where I am
11 when I get ready to go back to work on something in the previous instance.
12
13 Current version of Dolphin and USE flags:
14
15 kde-apps/dolphin-19.08.0:5::gentoo  USE="handbook -activities -debug
16 -semantic-desktop -test"
17
18 Previous version that worked normally:
19
20 kde-apps/dolphin-19.04.3
21
22 Has anyone else noticed this?  I've looked in the Configure section to
23 see if I can change the behavior but can't find anything related.  I
24 checked to see if I could add a option on the command line as well.  I
25 even poked around System Settings but can't find anything there either.
26 Is this a new thing, a bug or what?
27
28 Thanks for the help.
29