From: Michael Haan <michael.haan@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Xine / libdvdcss can't handle dual-sided discs
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 00:12:54
1 On 7/30/05, Michael Haan <michael.haan@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 7/30/05, Matan Peled <chaosite@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > Michael Haan wrote:
4 > > > Has anyone else seen this and have an idea for a fix?
5 > > >
6 > > Are you sure its not your DVD drive that can't handle them?
7 > >
8 > > --
9 > > [Name ] :: [Matan I. Peled ]
10 > > [Location ] :: [Israel ]
11 > > [Public Key] :: [0xD6F42CA5 ]
12 > > [Keyserver ] :: [keyserver.kjsl.com]
13 > > encrypted/signed plain text preferred
18 > Pretty sure that I've read one of these before, but I'll check again.
21 It's a Samsung TS-H552B which seems to mention support for writing
22 dual-layer, but nothing about reading double-sided. Still, I find it
23 odd that it can't handle dual-sided, even one side at a time. Not
24 sure why that's any different than any other DVD except that it
25 depends which side is down.
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list