From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New Gentoo box
Date: Sat, 07 Nov 2015 04:31:47
1 wabenbau@×××××.com wrote:
2 > thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
3 >
4 >> Regarding better motherboard my preference is one that use 100%
5 >> Jpanese capacitors, if I'm not mistaken Gigabit is one of them.
6 > Nearly six years ago I've bought four Gigabyte Ultra Durable mobos
7 > equipped with solid state capacitors. Two of these boards are running
8 > 24/7, the other two boards are running about 12h/day.
9 >
10 > All mobos are still working without any problems. So I think my next
11 > board will also be a Gigabyte UD.
12 >
13 > --
14 > Regards
15 > wabe
20 I have a Gigabyte 970A-UD3P. My rig runs 24/7 except when I have to
21 shutdown due to lengthy power fail. I have a UPS but it doesn't last
22 forever. So far, no problems. I seem to recall that UD3 is the most
23 stable version a mobo. I think you can find a breakdown of what all the
24 numbers/letters stand for in the mobo model number somewhere.
25
26 Hope that helps.
27
28 Dale