From: Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] grub2 or kernel config - unable to properly boot
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 10:19:45
1 2013/8/27 Michael Hampicke <mh@××××.biz>
2
3 > Am 26.08.2013 20:11, schrieb Francisco Ares:
4 > > Hi, Michael, thanks for you reply.
5 > >
6 > > Please forgive me for not having mentioned grub2-mkconfig and
7 > > grub2-install. The mentioned grub.cfg was a sample from a working system,
8 > > with legacy grub:0, from which I have recovered parts of the kernel
9 > command
10 > > line parameters.
11 > >
12 > > After "genkernel" finished to build the kernel, I've issued:
13 > >
14 > > grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg
15 > > grub2-install /dev/sda
16 > >
17 > > Sorry for this.
18 > > Francisco
19 > On a failed boot, can you reach the rescue system from the initramfs?
20 > (The message is something like "enter password for rescue or ctrl+d) If
21 > so, are you able mount your actual root partiton (sda5) manually?
24 No, unfortunately. But I am able to use the grub console prior to boot.
25
26 By doing so, I have listed the command about to be used to boot the first
27 entry in the grub menu, it installs some modules. In regard of file
28 systems, it only loads a ext2 module, and the root partition is ext4
29 formated.
30
31 Although this kernel has ext2, ext3 and ext4 built in (not modules), can
32 this be a cue? Right now I am preparing to format the root partition as
33 ext2, just to check this out.
34
35 Thanks again
36 Francisco