From: Bruno Gola <brunogola@×××××××××.br>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] NFS Server
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 13:13:58
1 Oscar Carlsson wrote:
2
3 >Make sure portmap is installed... :)
4 >
5 >On 10/9/05, Bruno Gola <brunogola@×××××××××.br> wrote:
8 >>Hi there everyody,
9 >>
10 >>Im trying to run a nfs server here, but im having some problems. My
11 >>kernel is compiled to work with NFS as server or client and ive already
12 >>emerge nfs-utils.
13 >>
14 >>Ok, but when i was starting the server, look what appears: (the
15 >>/etc/exports is OK)
16 >>
17 >>br slackware # /etc/init.d/nfs status
18 >>* status: stopped
19 >>br slackware # /etc/init.d/nfs start
20 >>* Starting idmapd ...
21 >>[ ok ]
22 >>* Starting NFS statd ...
23 >>[ ok ]
24 >>* Exporting NFS directories ...
25 >>[ ok ]
26 >>* Starting NFS daemon ...
27 >>* Error starting NFS daemon
28 >>[ !! ]
29 >>* Starting NFS mountd ...
30 >>Cannot register service: RPC: Timed out
31 >>* Error starting NFS mountd
32 >>[ !! ]
33 >>br slackware #
36 >>Well, slackware is only the directory that i was when i've tried to
37 >>start the nfs :-) the dist. is Gentoo
38 >>
39 >>Does anyone knows what is happening ?
40 >>
41 >>Thanks for any awnser,
42 >>
43 >>Bruno Gola
44 >>--
45 >>gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
53 The problem was that my loopback network wasnt working before i've
54 update... thanks for the comment!
55 --
56 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list