From: Willie Wong <wwong@××××××××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] screen, mc, htop
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 16:05:00
1 On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 10:38:50AM -0500, Paul Hartman wrote:
2 > On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 2:35 PM, András, Csányi - Sayusi Ando
3 > <sayusi.ando@××××××.hu> wrote:
4 > > I use screen lot of and I like it veery much. Few weeks ago - when I
5 > > reinstall gentoo, started this weird thing.
6 > > If I start mc in the screen nothings happen. I can see the cursos is
7 > > stop before the last line and waiting...
8 > > Generally first time the mc is start and I can work with. But, random
9 > > long time later the mc is start doing this stupid behavior what I
10 > > wrote upper. This thing is independent what I did. Last time is
11 > > started after I use vim to edit an file. Yesterday started after I
12 > > write in mc's command line 'df -h' and hit Enter.
13 >
14 > This is a very old post, but I want to say I am experiencing the same
15 > problems with screen and mc (even after I initially replied saying I
16 > didn't have it :). Did you ever find a solution?
19 I dunno if my problem is the same as yours, but it may not be just mc.
20 screen has been crapping out on me lately, and also randomly, like
21 described above, when I use some of the shell scripts that I wrote. It
22 only happens with interactive scripts that display a menu using
23 'dev-util/dialog'. Most of the time it works, sometimes it doesn't:
24 after the previous dialog clears the screen, screen just sits there
25 blinking and not loading the next one.
26
27 I'd be interested in a solution too, if there is one.
28
29 W
30 --
31 Willie W. Wong wwong@××××××××××××××.edu
32 408 Fine Hall, Department of Mathematics, Princeton University, Princeton
33 Data aequatione quotcunque fluentes quantitae involvente fluxiones invenire
34 et vice versa ~~~ I. Newton