From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Mount and write ntfs (natively)
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 09:28:49
1 Harry Putnam wrote:
2 > Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com> writes:
3 >
4 >> Alexander, Do you know if the system described above is what ntfs-g3
5 >> does too?
6 >
7 > One could never determine something that basic from the man page
8 > supplied with it. After reading it, I still know nothing about how it
9 > works.
10 >
11 > With a disk mounted under this tool can one simply say
12 > `echo data >file' and `file' appears and can be edited?
13
14 With "this tool", you mean ntfs-3g?
15
16 If so, then yes, creating files and "resizing" (ie. making them
17 larger or smaller) should be possible, according to what I read.
18 I haven't checked this, as I don't have NTFS file systems on my
19 Linux boxes ;)
20
21 Alexander Skwar
22 --
23 I wasn't recommending that we make the links for them, only provide them
24 with the tools to do so if they want to take the gamble (or the gambol).
25 -- Larry Wall in <199709292259.PAA10407@××××.org>
26 --
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list